Have you ever felt disconnected as an artist? Whether you’ve felt distant from your faith, your family, or your artistic friends, a disconnected artist is a frustrated artist. In this episode of The God and Gigs Show, Allen and CriStyle take a break from interviewing other guests and discuss the first of the 7 Service Steps, outlined in the book that inspired this podcast – God and Gigs: Succeed as a Musician without Sacrificing your Faith.
The first Step, Stay Connected, is broken up into four parts in the opening chapters of the book:
However, for purposes of keeping the conversation relevant to all of our listeners, we focus on slightly different categories:
- Family / Friends
- Spouse / Significant Others
- Why church membership is a big decision that must fit our individual perspectives and needs
- Why family relationships are a priority, even when they aren’t ideal
- Why openness and authenticity are key to successful relationships
- Why our actions say much more about our beliefs than what we say or create
Order the God and Gigs Book!
Previous Posts / Book Excerpts on Staying Connected:
Dwayne Bennett saintorbin.com/music/
Rochelle Lightfoot: rochellelightfoot.com
Performed by Teja Veal, from “The Hopeless Romantic EP”
LEAVE A COMMENT
What connection do you consider most vital to your artistic career, and how does that connection help you?
Comment here at the website!
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
SUPPORT US ON PATREON
We enjoy producing this show, but need your help to keep it going! Join the God and Gigs family by supporting us on Patreon.